Florida Building Code 7th Edition- Commerical Lighting and Controls
Time & Location
About the Event
This course covers the commercial building lighting and controls provisions of the Florida Building Code 7th edition, Energy Conservation. It highlights the code adoption process and December 31, 2020 effectivity timeline. The course introduces the code’s purpose and scope for both new construction and building alterations. Using application emphasis, it steps through the major interior lighting, exterior lighting, additional efficiency package options as well as the commissioning requirements. It includes excerpts from the ASHRAE/IES 90.1-2016 code compliance path for comparison. Each provision is presented with the core requirements, applicability to specific building space types, key requirement exceptions, and changes from the prior version of the Florida Building Code, Energy Conservation.
OUTLINE AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
1. Introduction & Scope – Understand the adoption process, purpose, scope, and application of
the 7th edition Florida Energy Conservation Code for commercial building lighting & controls.
2. Interior Lighting Control & Power – Know each provision of the interior lighting control requirements and how to apply them to a lighting system design
3. Exterior Lighting Control – Learn provisions and applications for exterior lighting control.
4. Additional Efficiency Options – Recognize lighting additional efficiency package options
5. Code Change Summary – Review the key changes from the prior version of the Florida Energy Conservation code.
6. Compliance Helps – Discover available resources and compliance materials